Wednesday, March 3, 2010


Brian & Jessie
Jessie and I met back in August of 1983 and decided to make it officially a relationship on September 1, 1983. I was 19 and Jessie was 18 and we have been together for 21 years this coming September of 2004. We have been through so much together, good and bad but, our relationship has lasted longer than most pepople we know who have been in relationships,...both gay and straight.
We have recently bought our first home together which we have worked very hard to be able to do. And we are in Bridgeport, CT (which has the higest property taxes in the nation)...we have two cars and two dogs (L.B. & Pudgie) which also have to be kept licensed and so on....we have all the same responsibilities of any married couple but we would like to make them "legal" as well as adding the benifits that married heterosexual couples take for granted every day. We are currently paying almost double the taxes that we would have to if we could file joint tax returns,...state and federal. I am currently self-employed and just turned 40 and because I cannot be added to Jessie's employee insurance,...I am paying almost $500 monthly for private health insurance and that doesn't cover dental. There are many other issues that everyone is aware of so, I won't go on....
We are very much in LOVE and I know I couldn't imagine life without my lover, partner, and most of all,....MY BEST FIREND.....Jessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment